Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Third Time's the Charm

I finally passed my driving test. As many of you are aware (the only people who really follow this are my family), i failed my road test twice already since school let out. It's been a very strenuous summer that way.
I mean, i never expected to fail- my sister passed two days before my first test, and she is the horrific road terror. thing. i actually did better than her on the first test, point-wise, but they flunked me out anyway for waiting too long at a stop sign. please.
second time? same course, different teacher. this guy clearly didn't like me. i could tell because i got into the drivers seat and shut the door, and he immediately threw up a hand, tsssk, sighed loudly and started writing up his little score card. this was before i turned the car on. i got more points than the last time, but still not enough to fail. I was specifically 1 point short of the 25 needed to fail (i think it's 25). But no matter- he told me i had a violation that was an instant fail. He then explained to me that this violation was just stopping at the stop sign altogether. he said the stop sign didn't exist. it was a figment of my imagination. the same one i'd failed on last time, he said wasn't there.
i drove my mom back there later that day. it was there, winking back at me mockingly and looking quite cheerful as it basked in the sun. i had some choice words for that stop sign.
today i passed. i got only four points and an EXCELLENT scrawled over the bottom of the test paper. different teacher. I don't get it.

11 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

You forgot to bribe the first two.

Foust said...

that was the magic instant-fail violation.

.30cal said...

ah, foust, welcome to the family! we shall love you and cherish you always- unless you choose to pass on the premium pay package, in which case we will merely tolerate you and occasionally feed you.
witser- just FORGET about it.

Shira Salamone said...

30cal, welcome to the wonderful world of wheels.

Foust said...

I am afraid I dont understand what you are saying about me.

Rafiki said...

I'm part of the family.

.30cal said...

major moron is irrevocably grouped with witser. begone, both of you. shoo.

well you don't really have to go, but the premium package is NOT an option for either of you mongrels. :P

Foust said...

I get the premium package. Hooray! Grovel before me, non-premium-dudes.

Tzafra said...

I get the favored cousin package, as I am (ok, I think I am) the only cousin of your who actually reads this blog. When you post on it, anyway.

.30cal said...

yes tzipster, i must say u are one premium cousin.

outofAMMO said...

i'll merely scowl at the premium package and sneer at it. does that count?