Sunday, November 06, 2005

Peace & War

Thinking it over during the long, dull hours of shabbos at WITS, I couldn't help but notice the odd character differences among my siblings. I won't deny deny it, I've got a thing for war and death and guns and all that is violent and gory. I didn't always have this "thing"- i think it developed when i was like 10 years old. I pride myself on being rather fluent in military language, weaponry and field tactics. My sister fudge, on the other hand, abhors all violence and death whatsoever, and gets upset whenever she sees me playing Call of Duty (still a great game). Instead, she spends a good deal of time in music. My little sisters do not abhor violence, and in fact they beat up my little brothers whenever they have time to spare. I enjoy sketching realisticly styled war scenes, although i have no problem doing other things too. Like puppies, or butterflies. Larry does not do the whole fancy shaded figure drawing shtick- instead he draws carttoons. Generally cartoons of spaceships and other sci fi stuff.
Where do these differences come from? It sure isn't my fault. I think my family has got enough diversity to start a university. All we need now is a majority to go with all our minorities. It'll have to be something vague, like "humanoids". I think most of us fit that mold.
I really can't think of any good way to end this, so I'll just stop here.

5 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

Diversity University...Diversity University...

Turn on "word verification" in your dashboard under "comments". Unless you're really interested in road construction of pa!

.30cal said...

actually i am very personally involved in the road construction of PA. shame on you for being so unworldly.

Ayelet said...

So when do we get to see some of your drawings?

PsychoToddler said...

Actually, Ayelet, I posted one of his drawings here.

.30cal said...

I should warn prospective viewers that not all my drawings are so colorful. most are pen and pencil drawings on my schoolwork sheets, and depict violent, gory 20th century style war scenes. pity my talents r going to waste, but it is pretty fun to draw people running around with their heads on fire.