Sunday, January 22, 2006

Green as a fresh pickled toad...

I recieved a rather rude surprise last week while putting on tefillin. The sun was shining on my face as i adjust my tefillin in the a small hand mirror and suddenly noticed two bright green eyes staring back at me. I found this to be somewhat disturbing because my eyes are blue. it says BLU on my state ID. (That stands for blue, for those of you who may have assumed it stood for hazel or blond or something.) A few months back, my roomate told me my eyes were green, and i was like, "what? green? right. yeah, their blue. y'know.blue." i didn't take him very seriously. i imagine eyes changing colors aren't such uncommon things, but i've never heard of it before and it give me the creeps. then i come home, and find out- ta-da! my sister's eyes have also turned green. what is the world coming to?
Looking back on it though, i've decided to embrace the more positive aspects of this sudden change. such as.... if my hair were red, my eyes would now match it somewhat better. yup, there's one. I'll try and think of more. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

My eyes have gone gray. Like my beard.

.30cal said...

and that's my fault too, eh?

PsychoToddler said...

Everything is your fault. Get used to it.

Tzafra said...

Now they'll match the suit you wore on Yom Kippur. Only thing I ever remember seeing that clashes with a black hat.

.30cal said...

abe: i resent everything about you. i resent your input on this blog as well. shoo! go away! (also, go to my dad's blog t see pictures of me scating with the PT!)
tzipster: I try to make everything i wear clash. a few months back i wore a black hat, brass/green suit and pants, red shirt and purple/pink/blue striped tie. But the Rabbis made me take it all off because the shirt wasn't white. phoo!