Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pulitzer incoming

I think the title's a play on howitzer, but i can't be sure. no matter.
I don't think i've mentioned before that I'm writing a book. To be honest, it started as a short-story assignment for english class, and got drawn out a bit extensively. it's not really a full length book- i've been working on it somewhat slowly, and having reached page 30, i think i'm maybe halfway through.
the story itself isn't as origional as i would've liked it to be, but i do try. It takes place along the retreat of Napoleon's army from Russia in 1812. yeah, it's a war 'novel'. the main character is a young french noble drafted as an officer, though of course this is right after the french revolution, so he's kind of on his toes. i'm just geting around to the interesting part, but i haven't really written much of anything since i got back from school. i think i'll start that up again.

5 comments:

Tzafra said...

Ooh, you blogrolled me:)
Sounds like a good idea for a book, even though I'm personally predjudiced against the French because I am forced to learn their language. I'd be interested in reading it so far. As for writing, just keep going and going and going. Unless, of course, you don't want to, in which case you should consider a career in some other field. As my mother says, whatever floats your personal boat!

.30cal said...

everyone has something against the french :). like how they hate israel, being the only country of the G-8 (U.S., U.K., Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy,Russia, France) to condemn Israel for attacking lebanon. of course, i'm sure it's nothing personal. and isn't it 'floats your goat'? i'm getting blogger deja vu... i think i saw this one my sister's blog once...

.30cal said...

hey your avatar is bigger than mine! how'd u so that?

.30cal said...

*do that?

Shira Salamone said...

The "updated" tags on my blogroll are extremely unreliable--I just saw this one now, literally weeks after you posted it. Your book sounds interesting. Best of luck with your writing.