Monday, July 03, 2006

A RECENT POST!!!!

Funny thing; at WITZ, we're not allowed to use the internet. During the school year, I was able to post on this blog maybe once a week, tops, when I came home to do laundry, and even then, I often didn't have time. I always figured when I finally got home for the summer, I'd have another crazy, funny experience to post about everyday, but I'd actually be able to go on and POST it. Yet here I am, typing the first post since the school year ended- on July 4th. I've had all the time in the world to blog- just, somehow, I've never found the time. What does that mean? Did I go and get a life? Maybe. Personally, I thought I already had a life, so I'm not accepting that one off hand. But honestly, I still haven't even bothered to figure out how to put up my paintballing pictures yet. (Ye faint of heart, breath deep.) Also, in a completely unrelated twist of fortune, I am now a junior counsler in charge of some 17 kids, ages 7-9. Some of them are best friends, some of them hate each other, some love to whine about everything, and for some reason all of them love me. I'm pretty sure they just enjoy ganging up on me with buckets in the swimming pool, but who knows? We've had some good times together, and it's only been one week of camp. Maybe I'm getting a life after all.

3 comments:

Shira Salamone said...

"for some reason all of them love me. I'm pretty sure they just enjoy ganging up on me with buckets in the swimming pool, but who knows? We've had some good times together, and it's only been one week of camp. Maybe I'm getting a life after all."

Well, that's a pretty good life to get. :) Enjoy!

.30cal said...

well, its been two weeks now, and they've settled in enough to be comfortable whining all day and quiting at every sport and activity. *sigh*

Shira Salamone said...

Just think of it as good prep for parenthood. (No rush, mind you.) Some days are good days, and others, well, it comes with the turf.

Best of lot with your campers. It beats sitting home twiddling your thumbs all summer, and it'll look good on your college application.